tetmupco

Mostly Politics, but some Health, Humour and Happiness A touch of Weird and a dash of Biographical. Above all I try to keep it interesting

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

A 63 yr. old left winger living in a 5 star shoebox in an inner suburb of Melbourne. Living alone, but have a 30 yr old son living in a neighbouring suburb. Retired and loving life. I love intercourse with people of all races, religions and colours. I harbour an intense dislike for Bush, Blair and Howard and their co-horts, as well as right wing shock jocks. I used to be a Government employee (TAFE) and when I left I was left with a small pension and a small nest egg. So lucky me, I don't need to work anymore. I love singing, playing guitar and playing tai chi. I live a life of frugal comfort. No more status anxiety or affluenza for me.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Residents who vandalise trees, Ohio-based dominatrix; Lady Sage, Takes in milk through his nose and squirts it up to 3.6 metres out of his eyes.

Good day to you all. (Is anyone there?)
Entree: Some interesting trivia (I think)
Main: Green Politics
Dessert: The best politcal cartoons I could find.

Monday May 1, 2006
Teenage wrestler Praveen Kumar Sehrawat is a hero in India. He holds a national record for eating 170 green chillies in 5 minutes 7 seconds and can also take in milk through his nose and squirt it up to 3.6 metres out of his eyes.
(I'm impressed)

Thursday May 4, 2006
An executive at a New York heart disease charity has been jailed for embezzling almost $US250,000 ($A330,000) over two years to pay an Ohio-based dominatrix to beat him. He used the money to buy plane tickets, hire cars, and to pay for Lady Sage's services.
(I would have beaten the cunt for nothing)

View spoilt? Cop an eyeful of this
By Cameron HoustonMay 12, 2006

COUNCILS in some of Melbourne's most exclusive bayside suburbs are considering a radical response to residents who vandalise trees to protect their million-dollar views.
The Bayside and Kingston councils will consider erecting large "view-blocking" screens made of wood or mesh to reduce the incentive for people to damage trees.
In the past year, there have been five serious attacks on native trees along the Beach Road foreshore. Bayside Mayor Derek Wilson yesterday expressed frustration at the council's inability to prosecute the culprits.

He said $10,000 rewards for information relating to tree vandalism had been unsuccessful.
"We believe we need to do more to stop this vandalism, particularly because it often appears to be related to people wanting to improve their views of Port Phillip Bay," Cr Wilson said.
The problem has been compounded by a flurry of luxury apartment developments along Beach Road, where buyers pay a premium for bay views.
Sandringham police are investigating and have interviewed several Beach Road residents, but are yet to lay charges.
The council will consider installing the screens following any act of tree vandalism. The screens would be the same height as the former vegetation.
"This is a last resort and has unanimous council support depending on the detail of the screens, but it will certainly reduce the incentive to cut trees," Cr Wilson said.
In the neighbouring Kingston municipality, several native plants had been cut, ringbarked or poisoned. A 20-metre cypress pine had holes drilled into its base and the holes filled with poison.
Kingston's environment manager, Mark Juler, said the council was considering the use of screens.
(Beautiful, the idea has my full support)

Finally, I wonder how my friend Michael in Bolivia is going. Think I'll visit his blog and have a look at: . . . . http://correspondienteboliviano.blogspot.com/
Hoo-roo for now
Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home